25. October 2010 21:43
Textism is a Word HTML Cleaner. It remove all of the extra styling that from an html file. Most commonly used when cleaning up pages that were created in word. Word creates uneccesary styling in word web pages. I think this tool is great and will be a time saver converting an old site to a new site that has a much of html markup that needs to be cleaned up. Give it a try and let me know what you think or if there are other tools that work better. Textism is free to use for files under 20kb.
18. October 2010 13:57
Web Hosting has dropped dramatically over the past few years, enabling most people to afford a domain with decent hosting. I use GoDaddy for my hosting, because of the customer service they provide and the great UI they provide for the admin pages.
In the past I have had hosting where I have been on the phone for hours trying to get issues resolved with the website being down, because I choose cheap hosting. Take my advice and avoid cheap hosting if you care at all that your site will be down.
So What should Web Hosting Provide?
- Server space to host and control your website
- Additional services or software such as WordPress installs, for your blog, shopping carts, and other plugins.
- FTP Access - backups, easy uploading, use a free tool like Filezilla.
- Infrastructure and Scalability - when its time to grow, you don't want to be searching for new hosting, do you?
- Support - make sure there reliable and available, preferable 24/7/365. You never know when something is going to happen.
- Bandwidth - make sure there is enough bandwidth to handle a surge in traffic.
Finding the right hosting for your needs are important. Just remember cheaper is not better, you get what you pay for.